Want the freedom of running to feel, don’t like carrying anything with you on your runs, phone battery running low?
Whatever your reasons for running phone free, it doesn’t mean you have to to miss out on logging your run data. You can use NURVV Run to track your sessions even when your phone’s at home, and still have all your run metrics ready to check out when you get back.
Logging phone-free runs is quick and simple, all you need are your trainers, your trackers and the Activity button is – that’s the large round button on your right tracker. All set?
Here’s your step-by-step guide to running phone free with NURVV.
How to track your phone-free outdoor runs
When you’re setting up NURVV Run for the first time, you’ll be asked to download the NURVV Run app and pair your trackers with your phone. Once you’ve completed this process, you’re ready to run phone free whenever you like. Here’s how:
- When you step out of the house for an outdoor run, turn your trackers on using the small buttons on the inner side.
- Wait for a slow pulsing green light to appear on your left tracker. This should take around 20-30 seconds. Once that slow green light appears it means your trackers have locked on to a GPS signal.
- Now all you need to do is push the Activity button to start your run.You’ll know your run has started and is being tracked because the green light on your left tracker will change to a quick flashing green.
- Want to pause and resume your run? Just press the Activity button. When your run’s paused, the lights on your left tracker will flash yellow and green. Once you’ve pressed the Activity button to resume running, the light will go back to flashing green.
- When you’re ready to end your run, press the Activity button to pause it. Then press again and hold for around four seconds to stop your run. This double press prevents you accidentally stopping your run during your workout.
- To see your data after your run, simply sync your trackers to your phone and all your run metrics will be auploaded to the NURVV Run app.
How to track phone-free indoor runs
When you press the Activity button on your right tracker it automatically starts an outdoor run. If you want to log some phone-free indoor runs, here’s how:
- Open the NURVV Run app on your phone and click on Indoor run. The app will start configuring your trackers – you’ll see a green bar saying ‘preparing trackers’ at the top of the screen.
- Once your trackers have configured, you can leave your phone behind and start your indoor run by pressing the Activity button. Use the Activity button to pause, resume and end your run just like you would outdoors.
Want to know more about running phone free? Here are the answers to some common questions.
Will I still be able to get in-run audio cues if I’m running phone free?
This depends. You can only get in-run audio when the NURVV Run app is connected to your trackers and a pair of compatible headphones or a speaker on your phone or watch.
If the NURVV Run app is on your phone, you won’t receive live audio cues when running phone free.
If you’re running with an Apple Watch, you can receive live audio cues through the watch app when you’re running phone free. The Apple Watch app supports outdoor and Pace Coach runs. You can find out more about using NURVV Run with your Apple Watch here.
Will I be able to see live metrics when running phone free?
This depends. If you’re running without any devices, such as a phone or compatible watch, you won’t see live metrics.
If you’re running phone free with an Apple Watch, you can see your live metrics on your watch as long as you’re connected to the NURVV Run app.
If you’re running with another compatible running device, such as Garmin, you can view selected metrics on your watch if it’s connected to the NURVV Run app. Find out more about using NURVV Run with Garmin here.
If I run phone free will all my metrics be uploaded to the app?
Yes. When you sync your trackers with your phone, all your run data including pace, distance, cadence, pronation and footstrike will be visible in the NURVV Run app.